Forming part of an engine test our client required the ability to put a continuously variable load on the DC generators fitted to their engines.
The problem they had with existing electronic loads was that they were designed for use in a laboratory environment and short duration at their rated full load.
- Capable of continuous operation at full load for extended periods.
- Typically these can be for periods of up to 4 hours during an engines 250 hour endurance test.
- Rapid step change of load.
- 0-5V input for load control.
- Analogue voltage out for remote current and voltage monitoring.
- Closed loop control of operator demand to ensure load remains constant irrespective of engine RPM change.
- Under voltage lockout to prevent damage to engines generator.
- 28V excitation provision for conventional alternators.